On April 13, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy signed the Decree No.160/2021 “On Priority Areas of Activities of the Mission of the President of Ukraine in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea”, which approved the strategy of the Mission.
The strategy identifies priority areas of work of the Mission of the President of Ukraine in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea in connection with the temporary occupation by the Russian Federation of integral parts of the territory of Ukraine – the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol:
- participation in the development of proposals for forming and implementing state policy on de-occupation and reintegration of the temporarily occupied territory of Crimea;
- protecting and supporting citizens living on the peninsula, internally displaced persons and persons deprived of personal rights to freedom in connection with the armed aggression of the Russian Federation;
- participation in international events;
- promoting the implementation of an effective information policy and countering misinformation;
- strengthening the institutional capacity of the Mission.
Implementation of relevant priorities envisages strengthening the policy of reintegration and de-occupation of the temporarily occupied Crimea, and the improvement of institutional cooperation, which is also mentioned in the Decree and the Strategy approved by it.
The team of the Mission and other governmental bodies still has a lot of important work, which inevitably brings closer the day of de-occupation of the Crimean peninsula.