In the month since the launch of our course “ProKrym: State Policy of Reintegration of Crimea”, 8,537 citizens have registered for it, of whom 6,891 have already received a certificate.
The course is free of charge and available on the educational online platform Znakno! https://cutt.ly/84Ry31U.
The ProKrym online course covers:
● the history of the Crimean peninsula, in particular in the context of the development of indigenous peoples and Ukrainians
The main events and consequences of the occupation for the peninsula and its population
● key legal acts, Ukraine’s position on terminology and certain important issues related to the occupation;
● Crimean state authorities that are temporarily relocated and operate on the territory controlled by Ukraine;
● positions of international institutions in the context of the temporary occupation of Crimea;
● international litigation between Ukraine and Russia.
The course was led by well-known Ukrainian journalists Vadym Karpiak and Iryna Slavinska.
Other invited experts and government officials commented on Crimea, including: Tamila Tasheva, Iryna Vereshchuk, Anton Korynevych, Ihor Ponochovny, Maria Tomak, Arsen Zhumadilov, Alyona Luneva, Olga Skrypnyk, and Andriy Ivanets.
Developed by well-known Ukrainian experts Daria Svyrydova and Yulia Tyshchenko.
This course is designed for civil servants, local government officials, politicians and ordinary citizens of Ukraine who are interested in public policy issues in the context of the temporary occupation of Crimea.
All lectures are accompanied by Crimean Tatar subtitles. After successfully passing the final test, students will receive a certificate with 0.2 ECTS credits.
The course was developed by the Mission and the East Europe Foundation with the assistance of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), within the framework of the Project “Supporting the Crimean Platform: Time to Recall that Crimea is Ukraine”.