The Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv and its student community, in cooperation with leading Ukrainian and foreign universities and with the organizational support of the Mission of the President of Ukraine in the AR of Crimea/Crimean Platform Office, are pleased to announce the International Academic Forum on Crimea – 2022 (Crimea Academic Forum 2022).
The forum, which will be held online on September 22 and 29, will provide a platform for in-depth and innovative discussions on issues important for the reintegration of Crimea and the restoration of historical justice for indigenous peoples.
The event will be organized by the Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union (UHHRU) and USAID Ukraine – USAID Ukraine Human Rights in Action.
The following universities have already become partners of the Forum:
- University of Cambridge (UK)
- Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
- National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy
- Yaroslav Mudryi National Law University
- V.I. Vernadsky Taurida National University
- Ukrainian Catholic University UCuniversity
- University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (Germany)
The Forum will consist of 2 parts (panel discussions of scholars and students), which will be held on September 22 and 29, respectively.
The Forum will include 4 panel discussions on the following topics:
- Legal status of Crimea: defining the outlines of national-territorial autonomy.
- Vision of economic reintegration of Crimea: what kind of peninsula will we rebuild?
- Return to the roots: revival of the indigenous Crimea in culture, language and historical memory.
- Fixing the catastrophe: occupation demographic policy, propaganda and environmental degradation.
The Forum will bring together renowned scholars and experts from leading Ukrainian and foreign universities. Their discussions will be recorded in the final documents of the Forum.
A separate essay contest will be held for students on the topics of the Forum’s panel discussions. The authors of the best essays will be invited to speak at the student part of the Forum on September 29. More information about the contest can be found in a separate announcement.