In his letter, a prisoner of conscience urged the United Nations Organization to continue to press for a country that carries out the temporary occupation of the Crimean peninsula.
To the United Nations Organization
from Zeitullaiev Ruslan Borysovych
born in 1985, who is situated at Federal Government
Institution “Pretrial Detention Center No. 1”
at the address: M. Gorky Str.,
the city of Rostov-on-Don, Russian Federation
Illegally sentenced under the Article 2055
of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation
Proceeding from the fact that more than three years the illegal and unconstitutional decisions have been adopted at the territory of Crimea in the name of the Russian Federation, when the Crimean peninsula became the legal field of the Russian Federation, namely:
- in the field of anti-extremism and anti-terrorism efforts;
- in the field of administrative rules for peaceful meetings;
- recognition of the Mejlis of Crimean Tatar People as an “extremist” organization;
- investigation of criminal cases and searches of journalists;
- abduction and removal of dozens of the citizens of Ukraine from the territory of Crimea into the territory of Russia,;
- missing persons in the Crimea and this is not a full list of all the illegal actions performed on the territory of the Crimean peninsula.
In connection with the foregoing, I, Zeitullaiev R.B., the citizen of Ukraine, Muslim, Crimean Tartar, once again declare an “indefinite hunger strike”, I refuse from food being illegally detained in the Pretrial Detention Center No. 1 in the city of Rostov.
In my appeal, I ask you to continue performing a comprehensive pressure on the Government of the Russian Federation until release of all illegally imprisoned citizens of Ukraine and the observance of rights and freedoms of the Crimean Tatar people.
Zeitullaiev R.B. the 27th day of July, 2017