Organizers: Ukrainian Congressional Committee of America, Embassy of Ukraine in the United States of America, World Congress of Crimean Tatars, Crimean project-educational platform “Q-hub” and representatives of Crimean Tatars in America, Ukrainians in America and Crimean Tatar youth in Ukraine.
– Oksana Markarova, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Ukraine to the United States of America;
– Yurii Vitrenko, Deputy Permanent Representative of Ukraine to the UN;
– Oleksiy Golubov, Consul General of Ukraine in New York;
– Anton Korynevych, Permanent Representative of the President of Ukraine in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea;
– Denys Savchenko, Attorney and Board Member of CrimeaSOS;
– Ayla Bakkalli, A representative of the Crimean Tatars at the United Nations Permanent Forum for Indigenous Issues, Executive Member of the World Congress of Crimean Tatars.
– Tamara Gallo-Olexy, President Emeritus of the Ukrainian Congress Committee of America (UCCA).
Crimean Tatar National Flag Day is a day to honour the national symbolic identity of the Crimean Tatar people. Since 2010, June 26th has been marked as a day to celebrate and commemorate the national flag of the Crimean Tatars. The flag was first approved in 1917 by the Crimean Tatar Kurultai and was again re-established on June 26th, 1991.