On the instructions of the President of Ukraine and within the framework of the Strategy of de-occupation and reintegration of Crimea, the Mission established a working group to develop a priority action plan for the Ukrainian government authorities after the de-occupation of the territory of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol.
On September 6, the first constituent meeting of the working group was held, which was attended by representatives of state authorities, non-governmental organizations and the expert community.
The purpose of the group is to develop proposals for basic solutions that will create conditions for the full reintegration of the de-occupied territories of the Crimean peninsula.
“It is already important to work out the priority steps of the state after regaining control over the occupied Crimea in order to immediately start reintegrating the peninsula. To this end, a working group has already started its activities to outline the general framework of Ukraine’s steps after the de-occupation of Crimea. We plan to involve the most professional national and international experts with considerable experience in these issues in the work of the group,” emphasized the Permanent Representative Tamila Tasheva.
The main areas of activity of the working group are:
- accountability for war crimes and crimes against humanity, as well as for facilitating the work of the occupation administrations
- restoration of public authorities in the de-occupied territory of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol;
- documents and verification of court decisions issued in the occupied territory;
- protection of property rights, including the validation of transactions made in the occupied territories in relation to state, municipal or private real estate;
- resolving the fate of Russian citizens who entered the territory of Crimea after its occupation;
- humanitarian policy in the de-occupied territories.
The result of the group’s work will be the development of proposals to the Ukrainian authorities on priority steps to ensure the sustainable reintegration of the de-occupied territory of the Crimean peninsula.